Saturday, 2 May 2009

A Sunny Day in the Village



Isleham has a "marina" which is basically a riverfront.  We ventured down there to feed the ducks and encountered an obscene amount of gnats.  (Kieran didn't seem to mind.  Alex and Larissa hurriedly threw their bread at the ducks and made a beeline for the car.)  After that adventure, we came back home and played a little soccer in the garden.  Kieran seems to enjoy football best when he is holding flowers in his hand.  The game was cut short, however, when the children discovered a small, injured bird hiding behind a fence.  Alex and Kieran tried to win the bird's favor by giving it flowers and calling to it, but Birdie wisely stayed out of reach.  

1 comment:

Aubree said...

I have been to England a number of times and never have I seen some many beautiful sunny days as I do in your pixs!! You must have taken the sun over with you!! Love seeing all of your pictures and I always get a kick out of your "overheard" stories! Thanks for sharing!