Thursday, 10 July 2008

Look Out, England! Here Come the Brit-Tans!!!

The flight over from LAX was fantastic.  Kieran never slept, but amused himself amazingly well with his car and truck sticker books and Alex was content to nap, check where we were with the real-time airplane on-screen map, and complete several race car dot-to-dots.  Kieran is a fan of United Airlines meatloaf, oddly enough.

We have only been here a few days and are still completely exhausted (knackered) but have managed to explore a little.  We accidentally came across Abbey Gardens today in Bury St. Edmunds.  (Left you'll see the front gate that leads to the gardens).



These gardens are located at the site of a
 Benedictine abbey from the early 1300's.  We forgot to bring our camera, so I'll be sure to snap some of our own shots when we come back.


The kids got a big kick out of playing on these ruins from the cloisters.  We got some treats to go (take away) at the Scandinavian Coffee House below.  They had the most amazing cheese scones with dijon mustard seeds.
 

11 comments:

Camille Pintner said...

Hello Brit-Tans! Cool blog. We miss you guys and think of you often. Jaden and Karis say hello to Alex and Kieran!

Aubree said...

Love the new blog....looking forward to reading all about your new adventure!

Pren said...

"Look kids, Big Ben! Parlaiment!"

Catjjy said...

I love your blog! I bookmarked you and will be checking in often. Enjoy your adventure in the UK and get some rest!

Skippy said...

What a great idea. this is my first time ever reading a blog. I feel like I get to have some adventure without all the traveling part. you make the plane trip over sound like a breeze. How is the base housing? And how is house hunting going?

Tom said...

Nice blog. Keep that stuff coming. I can also taste those scones.....

Brooke said...

Ah, it's bringing back memories! Can't wait to read about more of your adventures! Good luck with the jet-lag and house hunting. It will all get better. Can't wait to see you all one way or another! ;-)

JL said...

"Everybody in the queue Q-tips!"
bril.
Alex represe'in' up in herrrr!!

JL said...

Duke case review?! WTF?

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys!! Love the blog, and will be checking in often -- you are bookmarked. Best of luck over in the UK. Update us often on your adventures-- big and small. (By the way, I LOVE Kieran's lyrics!) Sending love and hugs from across the pond...

Anonymous said...

We look forward to your continuing adventures, especially driving. I remember that as an experience I will never forget.