10 Pound Lane Our side gate
We just moved to our new house in Isleham (pronounced by locals as EYE Zul Um). This sleepy little village is located 30 minutes east of Cambridge. We're two doors down from St Andrews Church, a 2 minute walk away from a pub, Indian takeaway and Chinese takeaway (reviews on all 3 forthcoming), and a 5 minute walk away from a little grocery store.
St Andrews Church View of church from Alex's room
8 comments:
Congrats on the new digs. I assume Chinese takeaway isn't actually your euphemism for foreign adoption services.
Looks like a nice place. When are you open for B&B?
That's a pretty sweet place! Amy and particularly like the address...ho british!
Btw, what's the closest EPL team for you to support?
Terrific place! You did really well. I can't wait to visit...it now may be October-ish that I'll be in London. Stay tuned!
Oh, do you have a phone number? Mobile or landline?
(That TV tax, or BBC tax, as many refer to it, is nuts. If I remember correctly, there's also a council tax you have to pay, too. As someone once told me, they've had over 800 years to perfect bureaucracy!)
Yes, the tv tax is hard to get used to. On the other hand, there are fewer commercial breaks when watching tv, and it's all because you paid your taxes.
Saffron Walden is a cute town to explore, and so are these teensy villages, Swaffham Prior and Swaffham Bulbeck (the Swaffhams).
I love your house! Everything about it and the neighborhood is very European. All I can say is that I'm jealous (and happy for you at the same time!) Nice view, there Alex. Miss you guys!!!
Hey, guys! Your new place looks great. I am loving catching up on your lives. And am very impressed at Alex's love of Edith Piaf! Tres chic, mon ami!
Post a Comment