I know, I've been really, really bad about posting! I didn't think anyone noticed, but then I got a "reminder" from Pren, so here goes.
Alex was an angel in the school's nativity play. Kieran got to see her first during the preschool's viewing. Larissa got to see her next at the afternoon matinee, then Jeff attended the evening performance. All 3 plays got rave reviews.
We spent Christmas at home. After opening presents in our pajamas and partaking in Jamie Oliver's Christmas pancake recipe (not the best...I don't think Brits necessarily know their pancakes), we played a lot of Super Mario Bros. before heading over to our friends' house for Christmas dinner. We cooked and had a sumptuous meal at the Blechers' while enjoying time with our pals.
Alex's birthday had a purple theme. She requested a homemade chocolate cake with a "big purple flower on top," along with purple balloons. Due to the snowstorms, a lot of Christmas packages from the States made it here late, so Alex made out like a bandit with her number of gifts. And Kieran got to open presents, too, which was another plus!
Thank you to everyone who sent us well wishes during the holiday season. We know that shipping to APO is a pain, with standing in line at the post office, the customs forms and all that. We appreciate your efforts!
No comments:
Post a Comment